----- Original Message ----- From: "Dieter Maurer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jon Emmons wrote at 2008-6-4 08:50 -0400:
I am just learning about this, but my initial inquiries suggest that the
only way to achieve true concurrency using a language like python is to
launch multiple interpreters.

This is true when you mean by "true concurrency"
"can keep a multi-CPU systems busy".
One a single CPU system, you get almost the concurrency which is possible
(modulo bugs such as holding the GIL during non Python related possible
expensive operations).

I don't yet have the solution to my problem, but at least now I know what
the problem is, and that is half the battle.

One option is to fix the Sybase access module, another one to use
SQLRelay, a third one to access the Sybase database via ODBC.

4-th option is to use MSSQL DA with threads, it use sybase as database server (and file "interfaces" as redirector to other MSSQL/sybase DB). It works very well. It is quite old, but it works with 2.9.4 too (newer Zope server I does not use).

Regards, JL.