From: Andreas Jung [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 12:22 PM
To: Jeff Peterson;
Subject: Re: [Zope] Page template issues

--On 14. Juli 2008 12:02:32 -0500 Jeff Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Greetings,
> I recently upgraded from Zope 2.8.7 to 2.11.0.  After working out some
> issues, everything worked OK for a couple weeks.  There were minor
> page template issues, but they weren't stopping the pages from rendering.
> Then our server locked up..we had to reboot it.  When I got everything
> back up I get this error:
> 2008-07-14T11:45:50 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 119, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
>   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__
>   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
>   Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 330, in _exec
>   Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 428, in
> pt_render AssertionError

The pt_render() method did not return a unicode string as expected.
Can this be reproduced? Your templates are stored within the ZODB (you edit
them through the ZMI?). You would be helpful to write a bugreport
(Launchpad) together with  a .zexp  of the related template.