Krishnakant wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 04:55 +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Thanks a lot, but I don't use, promote or recommend proprietory
> standards, so Open office is what I am looking for integrating

Don't be a muppet. "Excel" often refers to the file format, which is
read and written by all sorts of software, not just evil empire stuff...

> But I read that zope has some kind of restricted python.
> So will odfpy integrate?

As Andreas has pointed out, you should do a bit more research before
making silly comments like this ;-)

> Further more, I would like to create my application as a self containing
> package like the plone installer which also installs python, zope and
> other dependencies.

That's got nothing to do with any of this...

> Or for that matter any library.  May be I am asking this because I am
> very new to all this,

I would use the Excel file format and generate the files with:

If you need to parse excel files after they are uploaded to extract
their data, I'd do so with this:

Help on both of these libraries can be obtained here: