2009/8/28 Dragos Chirila <objectval...@gmail.com>:
> Than you for your response. Please find below a few things:
> - I give up using sessions in the website's front and years ago :)
> There is only one page left that is using them, when u subscribe to
> our newsletter but I don't think that this affects because is used
It might be used anyway. It'll be empty (except the
subscribe-to-newsletter page) all the time but it might still be in
I think there is always a REQUEST.SESSION object.
> - I am using Yahoo Maps Ajax API to display maps; also some ajax calls
> for our build in chat (only for logged users)
That's unrelated. Yahoo! isn't using ZODB.
> So if the things above are causing read conflicts why only for this
> particular object? There is nothing special or different with this
It could be some other piece of code that tries to read from ZODB more
than once and whatever it's trying to read might be something slow
(slow for a computer).
Have you tried running ZopeProfiler on your site to figure out if
there are certain (ZO)DB related functions that are called either many
many times or few but slow times.
> Thanks again,
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Peter Bengtsson<pete...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The fact that the class is Products.Transience.Transience.Increaser
>> makes me suspect that you're using sessions and within the same
>> session you make too many read requests to the ZODB. When the load is
>> too high, after a certain amount of attempts Zope will say, "piss off!
>> ...for a while and come back later". So it comes back later and works
>> Are you using lots of AJAX requests? That can sometimes cause read
>> conflict errors.
>> 2009/8/28 Dragos Chirila <objectval...@gmail.com>:
>>> Hello everyone,
>>> I have a question regarding a database read conflict error. I would
>>> appreciate any thoughts on this issue.
>>> I am using Zope 22.214.171.124-final, Python 2.3.7 with a ZEO server and 4
>>> clients for 6 months now. I have noticed that the event.log is filled
>>> with read conflict errors like the one below:
>>> 2009-08-28T10:29:26 INFO ZODB.Conflict database read conflict error
>>> (oid 0x09, class Products.Transience.Transience.Increaser) at
>>> (21 conflicts, of which 0 were unresolved, since startup at Thu Aug 27
>>> 15:25:02 2009)
>>> This URL of the object is
>>> http://metropotam.ro/Opera/loc4769172835-Ateneul-Roman . We have
>>> around 2000 objects of the same type and this is *the only one* that
>>> generates read conflict errors.
>>> I have tried a few things:
>>> 1. Edit object and recatalog it
>>> 2. Rename it
>>> 3. Delete object, pack database, create a new object and then rename
>>> it to keep the URL alive
>>> 4. checked the data.fs and got no errors (fstest.py)
>>> None of the above solved the problem; I still get a lot of conflicts.
>>> Is there a way to fix this? I found it very strange that I get
>>> conflicts only for this object and for no other of the same type, even
>>> in the same folder...
>>> Thank you,
>>> Dragos Chirila
>>> Zope maillist - z...@zope.org
>>> ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
>>> (Related lists -
>>> https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )
>> Peter Bengtsson,
>> work www.fry-it.com
>> home www.peterbe.com
>> hobby www.issuetrackerproduct.com
>> fun crosstips.org
> Dragos Chirila
> (+4) 0722 395375
> Zope maillist - z...@zope.org
> ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
> (Related lists -
> https://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )
Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -