On 17.08.09 16:24, Maric Michaud wrote:
> robert rottermann a écrit :
>  > I do not see any reference to mark_changed
>  > you have to call it before any transaction.commit() to tell the zope
> transaction
>  > machinery that it has to commit you changes also.
>  > robert
>  >

> In fact, what I understood is that zope.sqlalchemy, by default, bypasses
> the commit if status is not manually set as 'changed' (see the docstring
> I quoted in my previous mail). The alternative is to build the
> SessionExtension with initial_state == STATUS_INVALIDATED.
>
> My point is that it should be the default for a DA, as it is intended to
> be used mainly by zsql methods which doesn't do nothing to the
> transaction state.

As author of SQLAlchemyDA I would assume that the transaction integration
works out-of-the-box with Zope - however I have tested SQLAlchemyDA with
the latest zope.sqlalchemy/SQLAlchemy versions. SQLAlchemy together
with the underlying z3c.sqlalchemy/zope.sqlalchemy works with the latest
Zope versions in various projects out-of-the-box using Zope 2.11.

There is one project that required a special

 extension_options={'initial_state':STATUS_CHANGED},

parameter (used for the
scoped_session(extension=ZopeTransactionExtension(**extension_options))
call).

Not sure if this is related to your issue.

Andreas

--
ZOPYX Ltd. & Co KG          \  ZOPYX & Friends
Charlottenstr. 37/1          \  The experts for your Python, Zope and