Am Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011, 16:15:13 schrieben Sie:
> As you mentioned, if I have to use mySQL, isn't it better for me to go with
> PHP+mySQL - easier to learn and deploy?

...just from my experience:

PHP is - for different, but mainly technical/historical reasons - very widely
spread within web applications, one major reason was/is i.e. the large
(because "easy") availability on low cost hosting environments in the past -
but the most advantages was/are on the side of the hosting providers....

PHP might be easier to learn then other languages or frameworks, but
maintaining large / complex applications / software projects within PHP could
be a real mess.

We develop nearly any web application with Zope / ZODB since >= 10 years but
are a hosting company byself - so we was not bound to PHP as many other
internet hosting users in the past. A colleagues company produces very high
level expert systems on Perl and Catalyst - requiring high skilled Perl
programmers.

>From my experience developing within Zope / ZODB (with Python, DTML and/or
ZPT) allows very high quality products within very short timeframes and even
further maintaining the project is relative ressource efficient - especially
compared to PHP.

Most web application data structures (i.e. a "simple" web page) fit's much
better by a oo object strategy then a relational (RDBMS) one.

The major typical ressource hole within typical PHP+SQL web applications or
i.e. a CMS solution is the translation of typical data objects into tables and
vice versa. Producing i.e. one "simple" CMS page within a PHP-SQL CMS easily
could trigger hundreds of SQL requests into many different tables - a
significant overhead which has to implemented by developers and handled by the
machines.

But this is my view onto the issue - just my two cents...

cheers,

Niels.

--
---