> - One thing that I don't understand is the relationship with the existing PHP
> binding.
The low level API enables us to extend/debug the XQueryProcessor API more
easily.

> - The first three changes in swig/php/generate_proxy.php.in should be
> reverted (renaming of libPrefix to prefix)
This is fixed in commit 10597.

> - executeToURI is only capable of writing to files. Also, it currently
> doesn't stream.
This is fixed in commit 10598.

> - importQueryFromURI only works for file URIs.
This is fixed in commit 10600. There is a test for it in commit 10601.

> - The parse functionality should probably be removed. It merges two
> functionalities which don't really belong together (retrieving of data and
> parsing xml). The latter can also be done in XQuery. If this philosophy is to
> push more functionality into XQuery, the parse functionality should be
> removed or made symmetric to the existing C++ and XQuery data manager APIs.

This is fixed in commit 10598. Unfortunately there two orthogonal things in
commit 10598.

> - getItem doesn't have a comment and is incomplete. Shouldn't it support
> more/all XQuery types?
It should support any kind of PHP type. Currently objects are not supported.
Maybe in the futur we will introduce support for objects.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/phpapi/+merge/87718