Ah, OK, thanks for the explanation.

As for whether this should be done cross-platform:

1. There is no way that we have discovered to determine the path to
zorba_simplestore (or zorba itself) on Linux or Mac, so there is no equivalent
problem to be solved there (yet?).

2. It would be best if the environment variables were handled cross-platform
and in one place. If nothing else, with your change I believe that entries in
ZORBA_URI_PATH will be on the URI path twice, since they're added to
root_static_context as well as to the query context by zorba.exe. So yes, if
you could merge the code you've added with the equivalent code in
bin/path_util.cpp, I think that would be correct.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/bug1058231/+merge/129531