> > So, should I remove the xml dependency from the function? or should I remove
> > the whole function?
> > If we remove the function the user should be able to create the same
> function
> > by themselves using xqxq:get-type-variable
> I think we should remove the entire function. It leaves to many unanswered
> questions. For example,
> what if the user wants to pass other parameters to the parse-fragment function
> or what if the user wants to validate items before passing them as arguments?

So I made the following changes:
*Removed the implementation of bind-cast-variable
*Changed the return value of getVariableType from zorba::String to a string
Item since if the function returns a TypeIdentifier getting a legible type of
the variable is lost, unless there is a way to get the schema String from a
typeIdentifier?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/bug1064978/+merge/150696