> > remove
> > > function
> > > I think we should remove the entire function. It leaves to many unanswered
> > > questions. For example,
> > > what if the user wants to pass other parameters to the parse-fragment
> > function
> > > or what if the user wants to validate items before passing them as
> > arguments?
> >
> > So I made the following changes:
> > *Removed the implementation of bind-cast-variable
> > *Changed the return value of getVariableType from zorba::String to a string
> > Item since if the function returns a TypeIdentifier getting a legible type
> of
> > the variable is lost, unless there is a way to get the schema String from a
> > typeIdentifier?
> I think a string item doesn't make a difference. The type of a variable is a
> sequence type that consists of a QName and an occurrence indicator. Just
> having the name doesn't really help. What do you think is missing from the
> TypeIdentifier? It allows you to retrieve the URI, local name, and quantifier.
> What am I missing?

There are 2 things I miss information about typeIdentifier:
1. how to create a TypeIdentifier from a XQType
2. The function of xqxq is supposed to return the string of type function so
getVariableType is returning the XQType toSchemaString so that the user can
actually use it to cast the values of the variable, now does a typeIdentifier
has a value like that? Does the localname represents that?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~zorba-coders/zorba/bug1064978/+merge/150696