> > > So, should I remove the xml dependency from the function? or should I
> remove
> > > the whole function?
> > > If we remove the function the user should be able to create the same
> > function
> > > by themselves using xqxq:get-type-variable
> > I think we should remove the entire function. It leaves to many unanswered
> > questions. For example,
> > what if the user wants to pass other parameters to the parse-fragment
> function
> > or what if the user wants to validate items before passing them as
> arguments?
> So I made the following changes:
> *Removed the implementation of bind-cast-variable
> *Changed the return value of getVariableType from zorba::String to a string
> Item since if the function returns a TypeIdentifier getting a legible type of
> the variable is lost, unless there is a way to get the schema String from a
> typeIdentifier?
I think a string item doesn't make a difference. The type of a variable is a
sequence type that consists of a QName and an occurrence indicator. Just having
the name doesn't really help. What do you think is missing from the
TypeIdentifier? It allows you to retrieve the URI, local name, and quantifier.
What am I missing?