I have to look into that. We normally build on linux and macos, but it
should definitely work in freebsd as well.

Could you check if this works?

Clone https://github.com/Vagabond/erlang-syslog.git

Adapt the rebar.config to this:

%% -*- mode: erlang;erlang-indent-level: 2;indent-tabs-mode: nil -*-
%% -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

{erl_opts, [
 debug_info,
 warnings_as_errors,
 warn_untyped_record,
 {platform_define, "^[0-9]+", namespaced_types}
]}.

{plugins, [pc]}.

{artifacts, ["priv/syslog_drv.so"]}.

{provider_hooks, [
  {post,
     [
       {compile, {pc, compile}},
       {clean, {pc, clean}}
     ]
}]}.

And run rebar3 compile?

I'm wondering if your problem is fixed by using the standard port compiler.

Regards,

Maas

--

---