In my job I work a lot with zope and zpt documents. I use nxml mode in Emacs when I write zpt templates based on xhtml. The nxml mode has a schema to validate xhtml, but not to validate tal and metal attributes and tags. I have searched around on the Internet for a schema for xhtml and zpt, but have found none. This weekend I spent some time learning relax ng compact syntax and made an extension to the xhtml schema used by nxml mode that validates tal and metal as well, with some limitations. I am not confident in how well it works as I have not tested it much. However, I do wonder if someone else have done some work on something similar or if there is an interest for such a schema.

The schema I have made is an extension to xhtml and will not work with other kinds of xml documents. I think it would be possible to make a schema that validates only tal and metal.

Nils Fredrik Gjerull
"Ministry of Eternal Affairs"
Computer Department
( Not an official title :) )