Richard Halkyard wrote:

It probably is a heat problem - it definately lasts longer with the DOS card removed. I've got a small fan that I might mount in there to increase the airflow a bit. (or I could watercool it of course ;). Now that would be a sight to see)

You might also be able to try replacing the fan in the powersupply with one with a higher CFM rating. Something I was considering before I finally got a new computer. I may still do it sometime when I have more space to set things up in.

As it is though.... the fan is under the power supply, and the vent is under the hard drive. Can't imagine much air flows under or over the expantion cards in the corner.... probably just sits there spinning around if anything.

-Matthew S. Carpenter

 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal