In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Sander van Dijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Does anyone know what the meaning/origin of "//GO.SYSIN DD" in
>bundle(1) is? I've seen this on other unix-likes as well, but I
>thought I'd ask here since the awareness of historical context seems
>to be quite a bit above average on this list.

Wow, never thought I'd see that again in my lifetime :)
It's from JCL (Job Control Language) from IBM mainframes,
in short, the "statement" in your subject involved a way
to specify where your "default" input was coming from
(it had/has other attributes you could add to the line to
say more about the file etc).  Dunno why it's coming along
here but probably some sort of emulator or something similar.
--
Greg Comeau / 4.3.10.1 with C++0xisms now in beta!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout