In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Roman V. Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>ron minnich wrote:
>> more useless crap from memory:
>>
>> the actual correct usage is
>> //GO.SYSIN DD *
>>
>> but of course the * would make things messy.
>>
>> See this and realize this stuff is still being taught!
>> http://www.coba.unt.edu/itds/courses/bcis3690/bcis3690.ht
>So... for the dense ones (like myself), what IS the joke Rob was
>referring to? JCL == Java Control Language?

I doubt it.  Some files (some software packaged up) are make to unravel
and install themselves on a number of different systems just by running
the file, so I suspect it was a reference to something along those
lines, though I'm totally wild guessing myself, but suspect it
was being used something like a UNIX sh `here document', and he
thought that as cute enough to drag along :)
--
Greg Comeau / 4.3.10.1 with C++0xisms now in beta!
Comeau C/C++ ONLINE ==>     http://www.comeaucomputing.com/tryitout