> > I forget who said it, and the local firewall won't allow me to search
> > the online copy of /sys/games/lib/fortunes, but there should be a line
> > there about Linux having 200+ system calls, most of them emulatable
> > with mmap().
> >
> what nonsense is that?

/sys/games/lib/fortunes:4184: A handful of characteristics of Unix are
responsible for its resilience. First, Unix is simple: whereas some operating
systems implement thousands of system calls and have unclear design goals, Unix
systems typically implement only hundreds of system calls and have a very clear
design. -- Linux Kernel Development, 2nd Ed. by Robert Love