On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM, David Leimbach<leim...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Steve Simon <st...@quintile.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Eric and myself, and I think maybe Ron, are using acme and acme-sac to
>> > interact with a BlueGene/P system.
>>
>> Not as glamorous, but an alternative senario - I use sam and rio
>> to write embedded and windows code.
>>
>> I edit the code with sam, but I do my best not to ever access
>> the seperate rio snarf buffer.
>>
>> I keep the commands or scripts I need to test the code in rio's
>> snarf, when I am ready to try things I just click the rio window
>> and Button 2 to execute send.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> I use plan 9 port acme fairly regularly, when I get tired of weird Emacsisms
> that get in my way rather than helping me.

Emacs is great for writing Lisp. Now, if only I could find the correct
.emacs invocation to make the tab key insert a tab character in C
mode, rather than a bunch of spaces the way His Holy Lunacy RMS
desires. If I wanted spaces instead of tabs, I'd type them!

John
--
"I've tried programming Ruby on Rails, following TechCrunch in my RSS
reader, and drinking absinthe. It doesn't work. I'm going back to C,