Emacs is great for writing Lisp. Now, if only I could find the correct
.emacs invocation to make the tab key insert a tab character in C
mode, rather than a bunch of spaces the way His Holy Lunacy RMS
desires. If I wanted spaces instead of tabs, I'd type them!

OT for the list, but this is trivial in emacs for several years now, and RMS has nothing to do with the special code for C mode (which is called CC-mode, and supports a bevy of languages, and is complicated enough that it can probably boot minix on it's own by now).

*Chad