On Sun, Mar 21, 2021, at 12:01 AM, kokam...@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:

> I don't know what was occured when 9front was forked, and what kind
> of antimode against 9front was made from that time...
> However I admire cinap who keeps 9front usable for a long time.
> I think he payed much effors!

In the beginning, we were rebels. :) I didn't see what was wrong with that, but
cinap & the others considered, "What do we really want?" and softened their
attitude. On the other side there was a lot of pride and initially some
confusion over 9front's licensing. The confusion was slowly cleared up and I
guess the sad changes at Bell Labs had an impact too, but some still have a
desire to use the original software. (I can understand that.) 9legacy provides
for them by allowing them to choose which patches they apply, while 9front have
a system they can be proud of.