Quoth Don A. Bailey <don.bai...@gmail.com>:
> I’d prefer the sources to be managed by the foundation and would
> like to only receive patches through them.

Speaking as a member of the foundation, we do not manage sources
or distribute patches. We do not maintain a Plan 9 distribution,
and currently have no plans to do so.

Our focus, in line with our charter, is not technical. We focus
on growing the Plan 9 community, and providing ways to help the
Plan 9 diaspora with their technical work, and helping with the
logistics involved in that. An example of the work the P9F may
take on would be organizing IWP9.

While I have not discussed with the rest of the P9F, I think
providing infrastructure to support community projects would
also fit our goals.

If you have specific ways we can support people like you
taking up the torch and carrying plan 9 development forward,
please speak up and let us know; I'll ensure that it gets
discussed at the next P9F meeting.