It's true that when the new ABC standard become approved (I say, hopefully)
then a lot of software will need to be rewritten to handle the new file
format.  Perhaps someone could write a really portable ABC parser and then
give away the source code that each developer can just "plug it in" to
their ABC tool (abc2midi, abc2abc, abc2ps, abc2win, abc2???,
etc...)  There's no sense in everyone reinventing the wheel.

At 07:08 PM 11/15/2000 +0000, Steve Mansfield wrote:
>(^)A looks like a good compromise to me - but Ac2Win dislikes slurs which
>start and end on the same note when drawing the dots, and might also object to
>this arrangement - goes off and tries it - yes it does! (That's version
>2.1k, Jim,
>if you're reading this :-) )
>
>Not necessarily an objection to accepting this, but there's a lot of people
>running abc2Win who'll start getting error messages on files containing this
>syntax ...

John Henckel
tel. 507-753-2216  Zumbro Falls, Minnesota, USA   alt. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Try it!  http://www.SUBJEX.com The next generation search engine!
Pagelab Networks, 43 Main Street SE, Suite 508, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Get AOL chat free at http://aim.aol.com and talk to me, "John Henckel"