At 09:33 AM 11/15/2000 +0000, Phil wrote:
>Seems reasonable, although just putting the accidental in a paren would
>be more intuitive: (^)C etc.  Harder to code though, as you have to
>distinguish it from the other uses to which parens are put.

You're right. I will try to do this.  I think it will only require a
two-character look-ahead.

><snip>        Accidentals affect only notes of the same
>pitch, and not the same note in a different octave (even in chords).
>I'm surprised that abc2midi doesn't work that way.

MY MISTAKE!  abc2midi does work that way, as James Allwright said.  So I
guess the consensus is clear, that an accidental only needs to be indicated
on the first note per tone per measure.

Thanks for the help!

John Henckel          alt. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zumbro Falls, Minnesota, USA   (507) 753-2216

http://geocities.com/jdhenckel/