Lewis Jones wrote:
>This sounds great, but I have a problem.  Guided by
>Jim Vint's recent post, I have used my Windows 98 disc
>to install a "HP Laserjet 6P/6MP - Postscript" as a
>dumb printer.  This does exactly what Jim said it
>would do.  Namely, it produces postscript files.
>
>But I cannot find the option to print to a pdf file.
>What am I doing wrong, or what else do I need to
>install?  I am hoping that I can crack this one,
>since, as you imply, printing straight to a pdf file
>would be more straightforward than printing a
>postscript file and then converting it to a pdf file
>with Ghostscript.

I can only tell you what happens on a Macintosh, which is
that the dialog you get when you tell it to print has
a set of three radio buttons under "Destination",
labelled "Printer", "File" and "PDF".  The "File" option
produces a Postscript file, while the "PDF" option
produces a pdf file (as you might guess).

Phil Taylor