>> if you have an HP Laserjet 6P, the printer driver can create
>> pdf files directly. [...] I haven't looked to see, but you
>> should be able to download the driver from Hewlitt Packard's site.
>
>I just tried and it looks like there aren't any Mac or Unix drivers on
>their site - Windows and OS/2 only.  Maybe Phil has a third-party one?

No it's HP, installed from the HP disk supplied with the printer
about two years ago.

I just checked out the HP site, and it looks as if they don't make
their own Mac drivers any more.  Instead they say that you should use
the Apple Laserwriter 8 driver along with the appropriate HP printer
description file.  Which is all fine and dandy except that it doesn't
give you PDF output.

Sorry about that folks.

Phil Taylor