Jack Campin writes:
| The important thing is the way gracenotes and melody notes are
| distinguished typographically: melody notes are all stem-down and
| gracenotes are all stem-up.  (And are never slurred to melody notes
| the way abc2ps insists on it, except in a couple of freakishly
| eccentric scores).

Actually, abc2ps has long had a %%slurgraces thingy that  turns  this
on  or off.  The default was on, but I changed it to off in my clone.
Just insert the line "%%slurgraces off" in the abc.

The right way to do this is probably to make it off by  default,  and
make  the  usual  ()  slurs  work with grace notes.  I haven't gotten
around to this.

For that matter, lengths should also  work  on  grace  notes,  and  I
haven't  gotten around to this, either.  This would help make Baroque
music look more like it should.  (And I've sometimes wondered whether
we could introduce notation for different sizes of grace notes, as is
done in a lot of Baroque music, but maybe that's too radical an  idea
for now.  ;-)

| Except in pibroch, all gracenotes in pipe
| music should have triple stems/beams; BarFly gets this wrong, and
| consequently so do all my examples.

Yeah; abc2ps won't do the triple beaming, either.  Yet another option
that oughta be added ...