John Chambers wrote:
> BTW, a year or so back, I had my tune finder's search bot  count  the
> tunes  that  seemed  to come from abc2win (because of the ! chars, or
> because they had a "% ... abc2win" comment). It came to between 9 and
> 10%  of the tunes.  It probably is the numeric leader (since the true
> leader is "tunes created using any of a zillion text  editors"),  but
> it's not anywhere approaching a majority.

But that's not a good way to see how many people actually
produce their tunes using abc2win, because 90% of abc2win
users probably never inserted a hard line break in a tune, and
maybe didn't even know it was possible.
That's why I don't like the current abc standard for line breaks,
because mostly hard line breaks are not needed.

Henrik Norbeck, Stockholm, Sweden
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norbeck.nu/         My home page
http://www.norbeck.nu/abcmus/  AbcMus player program