In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Stephen Kellett
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>I can't see the value in (c), especially if you've listened to music
>with grace notes, putting symbols to accent them even more is
>"optimisitic" from the playing point of view, and from the singing point
>of view, well...

One of my notation books recommends that the slur between an
acciaccatura and its "target" always be omitted as it is almost always
indicated. And if you do want the acciaccatura detached then you should
put a staccato mark on it.

And as for singing, grace notes in my experience are always
appoggiaturas. So since they have a normal duration there is no reason
why they can't have accents (although I've never actually seen one) and
it's perfectly possible for a singer to articulate it.

Bernard Hill
Braeburn Software
Author of Music Publisher system
Music Software written by musicians for musicians
http://www.braeburn.co.uk
Selkirk, Scotland