From: "John Chambers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

(I don't seem to have the original message maybe missed with my recent
Internet problems)

> | Dafydd Monks wrote:
> |
> | >I've never heard anything about turning scripting off? Is everyone
insane?
> | >No one in the UK has scripting off.

My sanity has been called into question on more than one occasion (even have
the label shizophrenic to my name - sad but true - spent a week in 1987 in a
mental hospital) but....

I am in the UK and have run browsers with JS turned off. The only reason I
have it on now is I find there are too many sites I visit that require the
stuff - almost a case of being bullied into using it. Where I still keep it
turned off is with the dreaded Outlook Express wich I have assigned to the
"Restricted Sites" zone on IE. I also have that set for text only. Once in a
while I get a popup telling me that a message can't be read because of my
settings, eg. it's been sent as html only but quite frankly I can't be
bothered making changes to read. Insane Jon says that it's a sad world that
needs all sorts of fancy looking stuff to communicate when plain text does
the job perfectly well...