Hello Jan!

I thought about sending this question to the ActivePerl mailing list but
then I noticed you’re actually the author of Win32::OLE module, so, although
I’m still sending the message to the mailing list and I’ll really appreciate
any answer from other people here, I want to directly ask you about this
problem.

I need to access some functionality of a C# assembly DLL. Such DLL can be
referenced in any .NET project but is not COM visible. So, I thought about
writting a new .NET project that references that DLL and makes its methods
COM visible. For that, I started by following the simple example you can see
on the following page to creating COM registered assemblies:

http://generally.wordpress.com/2006/07/28/exposing-your-net-assembly-through-com/

It seems to have worked perfectly. I can access the new COM object from the
VB script they create there as a test. However, I can’t use Win32::OLE to
access it. By using the following code:

my $w = new Win32::OLE 'COMExample.Example';
print Win32::OLE->LastError();

I get the following output:

Win32::OLE(0.1709) error 0x80070002: “The system cannot find the file
specified”.

(note that is not about not finding the class in the system - when not
finding it it returns a different error)

I’m working on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine, with Active Perl 5.12 x64
and Visual Studio Professional 2010 (using the “all CPUs” configuration in
C#).

Do you have any clue of what might be wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help!

Cheers,

Francisco Zarabozo