Aisha Tammy <openbsd.advoc...@aisha.cc> wrote:

> On 5/14/20 7:24 PM, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> > Kyle Willett <kyle.d.will...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I think OpenBSD advocacy could do more too.  I read on an open source
> >> news site that Lenovo is going to start offering a Fedora Linux option
> >> on their Thinkpad lineup and already certifies some for Red Hat
> >> Enterprise Linux.  I think it would be great if we could get some
> >
> > Who is "we"?
> >
> >> hardware manufacturer to certify OpenBSD on a device and offer it
> >> pre-installed as an OS choice.  I think that would be a good thing for
> >> the project.  Maybe an AMD64 x86_64 laptop is too much at first and
> >> maybe we should start with one of the arm or mips laptops supported
> >
> > Who is "we"?
> >
> >> well by OpenBSD.  I don't know just a dream I have.
> >
> > Why go around telling people your dreams?  Why not do all this yourself?
> > You don't need a mailing list for it.  Is it your dream that others in the
> > group "we" will do what you dream?
> >
> > What you are doing here is advocating that other people do that which
> > you don't and won't do yourself.  To be honest, it comes off small minded.
> >

> There are many possible assumptions of what they could have meant, I don't
> think there is a need to be overly harsh to their attitude. For all I know
> they might be an enthusiastic college student who wants to help.

I suspect you are an enthusiastic person who wants to send a mail to us,
telling us what to do.

But that which you dream of?  You won't left a leg to do any of it.

> Voicing your ideas and finding like minded people is a good motivator for
> doing a project.

No, doing work is what makes projects.

You are just typing words.

> @Kyle, I do appreciate your enthusiasm.
> That said, I do agree that going straight to hardware is far from what is
> possible as a short term goal.
>
> I think it is better by starting to do small things,

I agree it is better to DO THINGS.

But you are writing words.

> I've already asked the newsletters to hopefully include the recent news about
> wireguard patches (even though it is not confirmed to be included yet, please
> don't kill me over this) and hopefully I get a positive response :) .

The world is so full of writing about writing about doing stuff, but
short of people who actually do stuff.

You are one of those writers, it appears...

> I know this is not a lot but I am hoping slowly things can turn
> up for the better.
>
> As always, am open any other ideas you might have.
>
> (I tried to be terse, I think I failed)

What a waste of time.