Quoting Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > what i had in mind was a very very quick faq of perhaps 10 questions,
> > perhaps only 5 or 2. the important thing is that it is concise and only
> > updated when really needed (ie when people post the same question over
> > and over again - which btw is also a sort of redundancy ;) )
> > so let us just start with questions that _really_ are mod_perl faq's.
> > here's one that spring to mind
>
> But we have exactly that already: http://perl.apache.org/start/index.html

hmm, i seems can't really explain what i would like this FAQ to acomplish.
Probably because i don't have a clear idea myself :)

i imagine a lot of diferent kind of people asking diffenrent kind of questions:
from non-perl programmers thru expert mod_perl programmers to project managers.

i see the current perl.apache.org as mostly a documentaion site for web
developers who happens to like perl, but personally i would like it more to be
for anyone who happened to come by.

(so, when i think about it i don't see the FAQ as "best of" from the mailing
list.)
if there a 3-4 categories of people viewing the FAQ it could contain something
like this :

* do i need to learn perl ?
* can i use mod_perl on Windows ?
* can i access a MySql database via mod_perl
* can i use mod_perl and PHP on the same time
* does mod_perl run on MicroSoft IIS
* is mod_perl faster than jsp-pages
* we need a CMS - where can i download one and use
* we need a search engine - where can i download one and use
* we need a shoping cart - where can i download one and use
* is mod_perl object orientated ?

* how much converting of my cgi scripts do i need to do in order to shift to
mod_perl ?
* why doesn't my changes show up after i refresh my page ?
* do i really have to restart apache for every single change i made ?
* can i compile mod_perl with the apxs tool ?

* how much does mod_perl cost ?
* where can wwe get support ?
* the software is broken and we can't sue anyone. what do we do ?
* perl is dead, right - so why go with mod_perl ?
* we heard apache is insecure - is this true ?
* can we integrate mod_perl with our Economy systems

etc.

./allan