> Also, integrating the power of multiple units is another hard
> problem.  I don't recall the figure, but the vast majority of the
> brain is interconnective tissue.  Networking hardware scales
> nonlinearly with the number of processing units.   Even if you
> had sole dominion of those millions of desktop units and the
> perfect AGI software to run on them, the bandwidth bottleneck
> would make the thing unusable.
>
> -Brad

This is partly true...

The Novamente architecture in particular requires a "central core" that
consists either of a supercomputer or a tightly-connected cluster of
machines.

However, it can also make use of a huge periphery of millions of desktop
units, to carry out certain easily-distributable, important,
processing-intensive tasks (e.g. pattern analysis and procedure learning
based on already-known data).

-- Ben

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]