I think you are mis-interpreting me. I do *not* subscribe to the semantic
primitives (I probably didn't put it clearly though). Just trying to answer
your question re the sufficiency of 10 or so verbs. However, if you are
considering any reduced vocabulary then you should be familiar with the
literature/theories and *also* know why it failed. I think other people also
mentioned that list readers should check old discredited approaches first and
then see how your current approach is different/better.
Jean-Paul

>>> "Mike Tintner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/05/07 7:14 PM >>>
Thanks. But Schank has fallen into disuse, no? The ideas re script algorithms
just don't work, do they?  And what I was highlighting was one possible reason
- those primitives are infinitely open-ended and can be, and are, repeatedly
being used in new ways. That supposedly minimally ambiguous language looks,
ironically, like it's maximally ambiguous.

I agree that the primitives you list are extremely important - arguably central
- in the development of human language. But to my mind, and I'll have to argue
this at length, and elsewhere, they show something that you might not like -
the impossibility of programming (in any conventional sense) a mind to handle
them.