On Tuesday 05 June 2007 02:47:27 pm Mark Waser wrote:
> >> list readers should check old discredited approaches first
>
> Would you really call Schank discredited or is it just that his line of
> research petered out?

I think Schank's stuff was quite sound at its level but was abstract enough
(at the level that it was right) to have a gap between it and the ability of
the GOFAI infrastructure to implement. Note that this is a generally valid
concern with quite a few of the things we need at the higher levels of
organization of an AGI.

Josh