>> True enough, but Granger's work is NOT total BS... just partial BS ;-)

In which case, clearly praise the good stuff but just as clearly (or even more
so) oppose the BS.

You and Richard seem to be in vehement agreement.  Granger knows his neurology
and probably his neuroscience (depending upon where you draw the line) but his
link of neuroscience to cognitive science is not only wildly speculative but
clearly amateurish and lacking the necessary solid grounding in the latter
field.

I'm not quite sure why you always hammer Richard for pointing this out.  He
does have his agenda to stamp out bad science (which I endorse fully) but he
does tend to praise the good science (even if more faintly) as well.  Your
hammering of Richard often appears as a strawman to me since I know that you
know that Richard doesn't dismiss these people's good neurology -- just their
bad cog sci.  And I really am not seeing any difference between what I
understand as your opinion and what I understand as his.