On 10/22/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I think we've beaten this horse to death . . . .     :-)
>
> >> However, he has some interesting ideas about the connections between
> cognitive primitives and neurological structures/dynamics.  Connections of
> this nature are IMO "cog sci" rather than just "neurosci."  At least, that
> is consistent with how the term "cog sci" was used when I was a cog sci
> professor, back in the day...
>
> I think that most neurosci practitioners would argue with you.

Cognitive science does not equal cognitive psychology.  It's supposed to be
an integrative discipline.  When I co-founded the cog sci degree programme
at the University of Western Australia in the 90's, we included faculty from
biology, psychology, computer science, philosophy, electrical engineering,
linguistics and mathematics.

> So what I'm getting is that you're finding his summary of the neurosci
> papers (the "other, more fine-grained papers") as what is useful.

I didn't read all the references, so I don't honestly know where his
summarizing of others' ideas leaves off and his own original ideas
begin....  If this were my main area of research I would dig in to that
level of depth, but I've got an AGI to build ;-)

ben