On 10/23/07, J Storrs Hall, PhD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Still don't buy it. What the article amounts to is that "speed-reading" is
> fake. No kind of recognition beyond skimming (e.g. just ignoring a
> substantial proportion of the text) is called for to explain the observed
> performance.

And I'm saying nevermind articles, try it for yourself. I tried the
experiment, before I wrote that earlier post, it's easy to do. You'll
find you do in fact recognize (I'm making no claims about rate of
comprehension or retention, I'm only addressing the question of
recognition) many words simultaneously, in parallel, without needing
to saccade serially to each one.