From: John G. Rose [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:31 PM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: RE: Hacker intelligence level [WAS Re: [agi] Funding AGI research]

Ed,

That is the http protocol, it is a client server request/response
communication. Your browser asked for the contents at
http://www.nytimes.com. The NY Times server(s) dumped the response stream
data to your external IP address. You probably have a NAT'd cable address
and NAT'ted again by your local router (if you have one). This communication
is mainly one way - except for your original few bytes of http request. For
a full ack-nack real-time dynamically addressed protocol there is more
involved but say OpenCog could be setup to act as an http server and you
could have a http client (browser or whatever) for simplicity in
communications. Http is very firewall friendly since it is universally used
on the internet.

A distributed web crawler is a stretch though.... the communications is more
complicated.

John

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;