As a lawyer, I can tell you there is no clear agreed upon definition for
most words, but that doesn't stop most of us from using un-clearly defined
words productively many times every day for communication with others.  If
you can only think in terms of what is exactly defined you will be denied
life's most important thoughts.

Although there may be no agreed upon definition of "intelligence" as applied
to machines, whatever you think intelligence means for humans, there is
reason to believe than within a decade or two machines will have more of it,
faster, and capable of more deep and more complex understandings.

With regard to your calculator example, I have been telling people for years
than in many narrow ways machines are already more intelligent than us.

But think of all the ways most of us consider ourselves to be more
intelligent than machines.  There is good reason to believe that in almost
all of those ways in a decade or two machines will be much more intelligent
than us.

So an exact definition of intelligence is not needed -- by almost any
definition of the word that corresponds to its more common sense
understanding as applied to people, machines could be built to have more of
it than we do within a decade or two.

Ed Porter