On 6/2/08, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> YKY, how are you going to solve the natural language interface problem?  You
> seem to be going down the same path as CYC.  What is different about your
> system?

One more point:

Yes, my system is similar to Cyc in that it's logic-based.  But of
course, it will be augmented with probabilities and fuzziness, in some
ways yet to be figured out.

I guess your idea is that the language model should be the basis of
the AGI, whereas my idea is that AGI should be based on logical
representation.  The difference may not be as great as you think.

You may think that natural language is "fluid" and therefore more
suitable for AGI as compared to logic.  Let me point out that logic,
equipped with learning, can be equally "fluid".

YKY