John LaMuth wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Archbold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
To: <agi@v2.listbox.com <mailto:agi@v2.listbox.com>>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [agi] US PATENT ISSUED for the TEN ETHICAL LAWS OF ROBOTICS

> It looks to me to be borrowed from Aristotle's ethics. Back in my college
 > days, I was trying to explain my project and the professor kept
 > interrupting me to ask:  What does it do?  Tell me what it does.  I don't
 > understand what your system does.  What he wanted was
 > input-function-output.
 > He didn't care about my fancy data structure or architecture goals, he
 > just wanted to know what it DID.
 >
 > Mike Archbold
########################################## Mike Yes, this is extensively based on Aristotle's "Golden Mean"
The input-output flowchart is shown appended below...
The details are described at
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/fairhaven/specs.html
(the last half)
This is the real deal .... the ultimate TOE of friendly AI communication

So it is a theory of everything, now?  Yesterday it was just a patent.

In fact, it is content-free nonsense.

I could give you a box-and-arrow diagram describing the entire universe at the same superficial level of detail ... would that mean I was God?

And would the USPTO then grant me a patent for "System and Method for Managing All of Creation"?

You do not show the slightest sign of understanding how to build an AGI that behaves in a "friendly" way, or indeed in any other way. There is no mechanism in your patent. All you have done is write some "Articles of Good Behavior" that the AGI is supposed to keep on the back of its bedroom door and commit to memory while it is growing up.

Richard Loosemore