Ben,

The thread that you just killed was a response to a serious allegation that *you* made on this list.

You accused one person on the list of engaging in extremely disruptive behavior. Then, other people joined in and repeated the charge.

The victim of your initial allegation vigorously disputed the basis for your charges, and he then took steps to defend themselves with evidence.

You have almost never killed a thread on this list, and yet now, out of the blue, you step in and quickly kill this person's attempt to defend hiumself. You kill a thread that might have ended in your allegations being shown to be egregiously false.

As if this were not bad enough, a few days ago Ed Porter sent a nakedly abusive message to the list, but rather than take any steps to rebuke him for this attack, you stepped in, supported his action, and criticized the *victim* of the attack.

I submit that your behavior has been quite reprehensible, and I would invite other responsible members of this list to speak up on the matter. What kind of discussion list is this, if the owner makes allegations about an individual on the list, and then uses his power to shut that person up when they respond?

Richard Loosemore