On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Terren Suydam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Vlad,
>
> Thanks for the response. It seems that you're advocating an incremental
> approach *towards* FAI, the ultimate goal being full attainment of
> Friendliness...
> something you express as fraught with difficulty but not insurmountable.
> As you know, I disagree that it is attainable, because it is not possible in
> principle to know whether something that considers itself Friendly actually
> is. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet, as the saying goes,
> and Friendliness depends on whether you're the egg or the cook.

Sorry Terren, I don't understand what you are trying to say in the
last two sentences. What does "considering itself Friendly" means and
how it figures into FAI, as you use the phrase? What (I assume) kind
of experiment or arbitrary decision are you talking about?

--
Vladimir Nesov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]