On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Ben Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I meant frequency, sorry
>
> "Strength" is a term Pei used for frequency in some old sicsussions...

Another correction: "strength" is never used in any NARS publication.
It was used in some Webmind documents, though I guess it must be your
idea, since I never like this term. ;-)

> The exact formulas used in NARS are basically heuristics derived based
> on "endpoint conditions", so replicating those exact formulas is really
> not important IMO... the key would be replicating their qualitative
> behavior...

I have to say that I don't like the term "heuristics", neither, since
it usually refers to "quick-and-dirty" replacement of the "real
thing".

I fully agree with you that what really matters is the qualitative
behavior, rather than the exact formula.

Pei