Human intuition is obviously not a single mental faculty but rather a
complex emergent property of a whole mind.

So, it's not really possible to give a very simple story about how intuition
comes out of the brain, or OpenCog, or whatever...

That's sort of like asking for a simple explanation of how the hunk of
matter that is the human body is able to capture a squirrel in the field.
The behavior is a consequence of the complex interaction of a lot of complex
subsystems...

ben g

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Pei Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For people who really want to know, the issue of how NARS gets its
> intuition is addressed in Section 14.1.3 of my book. However, I don't
> think I can explain it to everyone's satisfaction by email.
>
> Pei
>
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Pei:The NARS solution fits people's intuition
> >
> > You guys keep talking - perfectly reasonably - about how your logics do
> or
> > don't fit your intuition. The logical question is - how - on what
> principles
> > - does your intuition work? What ideas do you have about this?

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first
overcome "  - Dr Samuel Johnson