If nothing else, for the price of a movie ticket per month, it provides me
many more hours of monthly entertainment ... with a much more interesting
cast of characters than any Hollywood flick ... though the plot development
gets confusing at times ;-)

And who knows, some of these discussions might even lead to something of
value eventually ;-O

ben g

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  Ben,
>
> I think that's all been extremely clear -and I think you've been very good
> in all your different roles :).  Your efforts have produced a v. good group
> -and a great many thanks for them.
>
> And, just to clarify: the fact that I set up this list and pay $12/month
> for its hosting, and deal with the  occasional list-moderation issues that
> arise, is not supposed to give my **AI opinions** primacy over anybody
> else's on the list, in discussions....   I only intervene as moderator when
> discussions go off-topic, not to try to push my perspective on people ...
> and on the rare occasions when I am speaking as list owner/moderator rather
> than as "just another AI guy with his own opinions", I try to be very clear
> that that is the role I'm adopting..
>
> ben g

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first
overcome "  - Dr Samuel Johnson