"Are you sure it was A. Sloman who wrote or said that?  From where I'm sitting
it looks like it was Margaret Boden who wrote it.  But then again, I am one of
those people who sometimes make mistakes."
Jim Bromer

And this is indeed another of your mistakes:

http://onthehuman.org/2010/05/can-computer-models-help-us-to-understand-human-creativity/

see [ironically] his:

CREATIVITY AS A RESPONSE TO COMBINATORICS

and nb. his previous paras  [wh. I hadn't fully noted] and wh. also agree with
me:

"All this is a brief introduction to the study of the many ways in which
biological evolution was under pressure to provided humans and other animals
with information-processing mechanisms that are capable of acquiring many
different kinds of information and then developing novel ways of using that
information to solve any of millions of different problems without having to
learn solutions by trial and error, without having to be taught, and without
having to imitate behaviour of others. I.e. they are P-creative solutions.
I conjecture that these highly practical forms of creativity, which are
obviously important in crafts, engineering, science, and many everyday
activities at home or at work, are closely related to the mechanisms that also
produce artistic forms of creativity."