Abram,
II use constructivist's and intuitionist's (and for that matter finitist's)
methods when they seem useful to me.  I often make mistakes when I am not
wary of constructivist issues.  Constructist criticisms are interesting
because they can be turned against any presumptive method even though they
might seem to contradict a constructivist criticism taken from a different
presumption.

I misused the term "computable" a few times because I have seen it used in
different ways.  But it turns out that it can be used in different ways.
For example pi is not computable because it is infinite but a limiting
approximation to pi is computable.  So I would say that pi is computable -
given infinite resources.  One of my claims here is that I believe there are
programs that will run Solomonoff Induction so the method would therefore be
computable given infinite resources.  However, my other claim is that the
much desired function or result where one may compute the probability that a
string will be produced given a particular prefix is incomputable.

If I lived 500 years ago I might have said that a function that wasn't
computable wasn't well-defined.  (I might well have been somewhat
pompous about such things in 1510).  However, because of the efficacy of the
theory of limits and other methods of finding bounds on functions, I would
not say that now.  Pi is well defined, but I don't think that Solmonoff
Induction is completely well-defined.  But we can still talk about certain
aspects of it (using mathematics that are well grounded relative to those
aspects of the method that are computable) even though the entire function
is not completely well-defined.

One way to do this is by using conditional statements.  So if it turns out
that one or some of my assumptions are wrong, I can see how to revise my
theory about the aspect of the function that is computable (or seems
computable).

Jim Bromer