The difference between data and code, or math and data, sometimes need not
be as dichotomous.

> I said: > I think the more important question is how does a
general concept
> be interpreted across a range of different kinds of ideas.  Actually this
is not so
> difficult, but what I am getting at is how are sophisticated
> conceptual  interrelations integrated and resolved?
>
> John said: Depends on the structure. We would want to build it such that
this
> happens at various levels or the various multidimensional densities. But
at the
> same time complex state is preserved until proven benefits show
themselves.

> Your use of the term 'densities' suggests that you are thinking about the
kinds of
> statistical relations that have been talked about a number of times in
this
> group.   The whole problem I have with statistical models is that they
don't
> typically represent the modelling variations that could be and would need
to be
> encoded into the ideas that are being represented.  For example a Bayesian
> Network does imply that a resulting evaluation would subsequently be
encoded
> into the network evaluation process, but only in a limited manner.  It
doesn't for
> example show how an idea could change the model, even though that would be
> easy to imagine.
> Jim Bromer

I also have some issues with heavily based statistical models. When I was
referring to densities I was really meaning an interconnectional
multidimensionality in the multigraph/hypergraph intelligence network, IOW a
partly combinatorial edge of chaos. There is a combination of state and
computational potential energy that an incoming idea, represented as a
data/math combo, would result in various partly self-organizational (SOM)
changes depending on how the key - the idea - effects computational energy
potential. And this is balanced against K-complexity related local extrema.

For the statistical mechanisms I would use for more of the narrow AI stuff
that is needed and also for situations that you can't come up with something
more concrete/discrete.

John